At The Joy Club, we’re big fans of wonderful, tasty and nutritious food. Food that empowers, fuels and heals us, and has a positive impact on our health and wellbeing. That’s why we’re delighted to have partnered with Après Food Co. They create the very best organic, fresh food – expertly crafted, flash frozen and ready to eat in minutes. All of their dishes are hand-made from scratch using ingredients that have been carefully chosen for their nourishing benefits to both body and mind. This week, the Après team have kindly shared another of their delicious recipes with us… ‘Get up and go’ breakfast cookies!
People unfortunately skip breakfast all the time – but it’s such a vital part of our day…
The Après team say that with a little forward planning breakfast can be mobile, delicious and great for your health and wellbeing. All wrapped up in a cookie? Yes please.
- 125g gluten free flour
- 150g gluten-free oats, blitzed a bit
- Half tsp bicarb of soda
- Quarter tsp sea-salt / pink Himalayan salt
- Half tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g blitzed coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp coconut blossom
- 1 large finely grated carrot
- 100ml coconut oil
- 100g soaked, dried mixed fruit (raisins, blueberries, dates, apricots)
- 100g toasted chopped nuts (almonds/brazil/walnuts/hazelnuts)
- 50g seeds (pumpkin/sunflower/sesame/flax)
Method for making ‘Get up and go’ breakfast cookies
- Mix your flour, oats, bicarb, and salt together.
- Pop everything else in, and give it all a good mix.
- Scoop the mixture one tablespoon at a time onto an oiled baking sheet and press down a little.
- (By the way, at this stage you can freeze any raw mixture for another day. Time-saving much?!).
- Bake for 10 mins at 180 degrees (preheated oven) for chewy cookies, or flip them over and bake for another 3 minutes for crisp cookies.
Enjoy on the go!
Not yet a member but would like to access this fantastic offer? Join The Joy Club today!