Tricia Cusden shares ‘The perfect Christmas look’
We are delighted to present a very special guest blog from none other than Tricia Cusden, the trail blazing founder of Look Fabulous Forever – a beauty brand and movement that celebrates mature beauty and believes in challenging perceptions and embracing the benefits of ageing. Tricia launched Look Fabulous Forever in 2013, aged 65, as she struggled to find products that worked well for her skin. Ignored by beauty brands who only wanted to sell her products marked anti-ageing, she created a range of makeup and skincare specifically for older women. Today, Tricia shares her top tips to create the perfect Christmas look, and all linked products are available at a special discount for members of The Joy Club.
Members, you can access any LFF product PLUS the full collection at a discount by clicking here, or by signing in to your account, searching for ‘Beauty & wellbeing’ invitations and selecting ‘The Joy Club Exclusive Collection at Look Fabulous Forever’.
Now, over to Tricia…
In just under a month’s time on Christmas Day I will celebrate my 73rd birthday, (yikes – how did that happen?). Whereas usually I would be planning to have one or two special celebrations with family and friends, with all the uncertainty this year I am not sure who I will see and when.
What a strange year this has been! Almost daily announcements of new policies and guidance and the realisation that life as we know it has changed for the foreseeable future. Although many get-togethers and festive parties will be sadly cancelled this year, I would argue that makeup is a much-need mood booster and Christmas is the perfect excuse to ramp up the glamour and get as far away as possible from the current everyday!
So if you too would like to achieve a really fabulous and glamorous look with your makeup then let me give you my top tips so that you know exactly what to do.
- Get the best out of your makeup by starting with freshly cleansed and moisturised skin. If you really want your skin to be in tip top condition, try using an exfoliator first.
- A face primer is my secret weapon for long-lasting foundation. Our Smooth Like Silk Face Prime makes your skin feel great to touch and – most importantly – it prevents makeup from sitting in open pores and fine lines.
- Using a brush to apply foundation might seem like an extra hassle but I promise that it will help your foundation look much better and also help it last longer. For fuller coverage, I would recommend our Continuous Cover Foundation, or if you prefer something lighter, Light Look Beauty Balm. For an especially flawless look, Cover To Cover Conceal is great for covering any blueish corners you might have near the eyes and any age spots you want to disguise. Add Instant Bright Highlight to the tops of the cheekbones and brow bones to add a lovely subtle shimmery effect and Real Radiance Blush for a healthy, glowing look.
- Glamorous Eyes: After applying Smooth Out Eye Prime to the eyelids to stop eye shadow migrating and looking messy, use some lovely No Shimmer Eye Shade colours to shape and define your eyes. If you are cool toned I would suggest Soft Grey on the lids, with Aubergine in the socket line and outer third of the eye area. Make sure you blend them well. Then add a ‘pop’ of Sheer Brilliance Lid Colour in Silver Mist to the inner third of the eyelid and finish the look with Charcoal Eye Shade along the lash line. Curl your eyelashes for the final ‘wow’ factor. If you are warm toned I’d suggest a combination of Cream (lid), Cocoa (socket and outer third of the eye) and Forest at the lash line. The Lid Colour on the inner lid area would either be Soft Moss or Golden Mist. Finish the look with a coat of Lithe Lash Mascara.
- Finally, a beautiful, strong vibrant shade of Lustrous Colour Lipstick – cool tones will look amazing in Very Berry or Cherry Red, and warm tones should go for Foxy Lady, Russet or Poppy. Always apply Never Feather Lip Prime to the edges of the lips first to stop feathering and bleeding of the colour around the mouth. If you like the look of glossy lips then add a few dabs of Fabulous Lip Shine to the centre of your lips.
I know there will still be many of you reading this who lack confidence with makeup and may be thinking ‘I can’t be bothered with all that palaver’, but I urge you to try – it will almost definitely make you feel better! Remember, practise! Try different looks to see what works and what doesn’t.
For more hints and top tips you can watch my YouTube videos so that you can see that applying some lovely makeup is an opportunity for creativity and fun.
If you’re not already a member of The Joy Club, why not sign up for your one-month free trial to access our amazing deals from Look Fabulous Forever today?